Thursday, June 09, 2022

return of the original

OK so I knew I had to redo the kindle of this one, the original, but when I went back to it, the document was gone. I had to reconstruct 565 haiku, as that's what I published, and though I cleaned a couple out of it, I put a couple back in, and it still has 565. And it has an explanation. And it has a paperback version.

This original collection of 565 is important because it shows where and how I started out. By 2016-2018, I was making 1000 per year, and I'd changed the rules a little, evolved them. I got tighter in some ways, too. But these are good just because at this point I had this many and they laid out a pretty complete picture of my travels.

2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 are shelved for the moment; they are going off the market. They were somewhat repetitive and incomplete. In addition their covers weren't that great. Some even had create-space given covers (kiss of death, according to one marketer). Let them go. They were interesting to me mostly because they were among the first books I ever produced.

Now, in this patriotic season (going right through flag day and into the fourth) everyone is thinking firecrackers. I'm thinking haiku. I'm serious; it's my tribute to my country, to lay it all out, in vivid color, what exactly it has. Sometimes it's funny, or ironic, or in jest, but it's real. And I do love the country. It's all in there.

If you're interested it's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home